Easy Salted Caramel Popcorn
16ish cups of popped popcorn (I used 2 store bought bags and popped them in the microwave)
1 stick of butter (unsalted makes it less like "salted caramel" and the salt will be a more subtle flavor)
1 cup of brown sugar
1/3 cup corn syrup
1 1/2 tsp of salt
- Preheat oven to 300°
- Pop Popcorn.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter, corn syrup, brown sugar and salt over low/medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil for 4 minutes. Don't stir it once it's boiling!
- Pour caramel mixture over popcorn and stir to coat all of the popcorn (if it isn't perfect, don't worry).
- Pour the popcorn mixture onto your baking sheet (I had to use two baking sheets for the whole batch).
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring your popcorn together to ensure even coating every 10 minutes
- Cool popcorn and enjoy (you might need to break it up if everything is sticking together)!
I hope you enjoy!