It's a new year and I'm in the market for some new healthy snacks. I absolutely LOVE Kale Chips and wanted to spice things up and find a different vegetable to enjoy as a salty and crunchy treat. Broccoli is one of my favorite veggies and Trader Joe's is now selling Broccoli Chips. After checking out the nutrition info on the Trader Joe's version, I wanted something baked/roasted and not fried. This recipe produced some seriously delicious Broccoli Chips. I hope you enjoy!
Roasted Broccoli Chips
- 1 head of broccoli (washed and completely dry)
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Cut Broccoli into large florets
- Place broccoli in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil
- Add salt and pepper and toss to combine
- Transfer to a cookie sheet (broccoli should be in a single layer. If you stack the broccoli it will not become crispy)
- Bake for at least 25 minutes, or until the broccoli is crunchy. It is normal to slightly char the edges on some of the florets.