After missing out on eating a donut on "National Donut Day" a few weeks ago, I had a craving for them. I decided what better way to enjoy a donut than figure out how to make a non-fried version myself at home?! I ordered this donut pan on amazon and eagerly awaited its arrival so I could get my Kripsy Kreme on! I was pleasantly surprised with how quick and easy donuts are to make and they use ingredients that are common in every pantry! I hope you enjoy!
for the donuts
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon of butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
for the glaze
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3-6 tablespoons milk
- food coloring of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine dry ingredients
- Add egg, milk, butter, and vanilla
- Stir until combined (don't stir too much or it will make the donuts chewy)
- Place batter in a ziplock bag and cut off the tip to fashion a piping bag. (I usually put the bag in a glass and scoop the dough in)
- Pipe batter into a donut pan that is sprayed with non-stick spray
- Bake for 8-10 minutes
- Allow to cool on a baking rack while you prepare frosting
- To prepare frosting--combine all ingredients in a mixer, whipping until you get a buttercream-like consistency
- Dip donut in frosting and allow to cool. (The frosting will melt onto your Donut. Dip multiple times for a thicker glaze).
Don't forget about my Free Donut Printable! It will make the perfect festive addition to your quick and yummy breakfast!
Just CLICK HERE, download and print!
Linking with Biana, Katie, Linda, Erin and Ashley