I woke up yesterday morning looking out at all of the fall leaves and got a serious craving for Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts. Baked doughnuts at home are incredibly easy and fast to make and this recipe definitely hit the spot! I hope you enjoy!
for the donuts
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can of pumpkin purée
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- Make sure you have a donut pan
for the glaze
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 3-6 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine all ingredients except for flour and mix until smooth
- Slowly add flour 1/2 cup at a time.
- Stir until combined.
- Place batter in a ziplock bag and cut off the tip to fashion a piping bag. (I usually put the bag in a glass and scoop the dough in)
- Pipe batter into a donut pan that is sprayed with non-stick spray
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Allow to cool on a baking rack while you prepare frosting
- To prepare frosting--combine all ingredients in a mixer, whipping until you get a royal icing type consistency.
- Dip donut in frosting and allow to cool. (The frosting will melt onto your Donut. Dip multiple times for a thicker glaze).
Linking with Biana, Katie, Linda, Erin and Ashley