As I mentioned last Friday, I've really gotten into the Fourth of July spirit this year. Nothing is better than a holiday that celebrates America AND has pyrotechnics. In my pinterest
obsession research on Fourth of July entertaining, I saw lots of ideas for fun foods and beverages, but lots of them seemed very complicated and required lots of ingredients. I thought there must be an easy way to have a fun and festive adult beverage for the 4th without spending tons of time and having to hire a bartender to make it for me. And thus the Fourth of July Piña Colada was born! The best part is that you can replace the Rum in it with water and the kids at your party can enjoy it too!
- Bacardi Frozen Piña Colada Mix (you will find this in the freezer section next to the juice concentrate. Trust me. This is the way to go. It will give you the perfect consistency every time!!! I PROMISE).
- 6 oz Rum
- Maraschino Cherries (to garnish)
- Blueberries (to garnish)
- Open Bacardi Mix and put in blender -- do not thaw. The frozen mix is what will give your drink that perfect consistency!
- Fill empty Bacardi Mix container with ice and put in blender.
- Pour rum into blender (or you could use water here if you are making a kid-friendly version).
- Blend until smooth
- Pour into glasses
- Pour 1 capful of Grenadine onto drink and watch as it makes your drink a 4th of July favorite!
- Garnish with Cherries and Blueberries (mine are on a toothpick)
This post is linked with Jennifer, Karly, Ginger, Robin and Kristin.